Saturday, March 03, 2007

On holidays finally



Well, it's been a long while but we are finally 'on holidays' - our last official holiday (that didn't involve the shop) as a family was when we took Ellen away when she was 6 months old, so we are well overdue. The plan is to go camping for a week at Elanda Point, but with the cyclone developing up north, it may be only a few days before we're heading home again if the weather turns foul. I don't relish the thought of the two girls in a tent in wet weather for days on end!
Both the girls have been sick this week - Ellen with bronchitis and Olivia with a fever and spontaneous projectile vomiting (although she's very good natured through it all!), so we're delaying a day to see if they both get back to some degree of reasonable health. As a result apart from me being away in Canberra for a day or so, it has been a quiet week all round. My flight back from Canberra was delayed for a while, so with daylight savings that was a long day - I was glad to finally drive in to our driveway when I got home at 9.30pm...I'm not much of a late night person anyway, so I was struggling on the drive.
Anyway - hopefully I'll have some camping tales to tell on our return, and until then, hope you enjoy these photos from our sailing trip a few weeks ago - courtesy of Verna.

No comments: