Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Things we'll miss

There'll be a few things that we'll miss when we're not living with Greg's parents anymore - here's a few of the random ones that popped into my head today...
- the 6 weekly foot parties that Grandma has (not that we stay for all of them - I hate anyone touching my feet!), the girls love the visitors and are quite taken with Angie and her foot bath and hair cutting prowess
- the impromptu games of soccer with Papa in the backyard
- the excitement of recognising the beep and cheering as Papa drives his VW down the side of the house and into the back shed
- the extra pair of hands on the many nights when Greg works back late
- having a house that's finished and doesn't have holes in the ceiling, entire rooms full of renovating gear and a 2 year plan!!
I think that I'd better stop there, but you get the idea that we're nearly moving and that we've had a good time with Greg's parents too. The girls have really enjoyed getting to know their grandparents better, which is great given we didn't see them for most of last year at all.
I'll let you know when the big move occurs, but it won't be long, so watch this space...

No comments: