Tuesday, December 30, 2008

And so that was Christmas...




Christmas was a bit different for us this year with Greg actually around and awake enough to celebrate with us - for the past few years he's been sick after having worked himself to exhaustion in the lead up at the shop, and then spending the day recovering before diving into the fray again on Boxing Day morning - so we made the most of it.
We'd already done all the fantastic Christmas light displays, including one at a church where a friend is on staff, and they did a fantastic job with so much to see that we were there for ages watching the shows, the wood-turning, choirs, inspecting the lifesize nativity etc., so Christmas Eve was church and then watching some of the carols on TV (that I had Dad tape from the previous week, so that the girls were still in bed at a reasonable hour - yet still saw the Wiggles).

Christmas morning was spent reading the Bible, opening a couple of presents at home before heading to my side of the family for breakfast, where we had a ball, ate too much and then headed home for a lazy sleep for us all before the afternoon's activities at Greg's parents place.

The favourite present for this year was actually a photobook that I'd compiled for each of the girls with photos of them since they were little, and things or people that they were familiar with. They loved them! Daddy received some pictures of the girls to take with him when he travels with his new job, and also some of the beautiful homemade presents from kindy that the girls made as well - the best kind!

We took time out to remember how blessed we are this Christmas - hope you did too.

2 comments:

SquiggleMum said...

I enjoy your blog Ros, and especially the photos you post. Happy Christmas to you and your family. Hope to see you in the new year. Love & Blessings.

Anonymous said...

I love the photobook idea for the girls... I have been loving the idea of photobooks for a while, but have been trying to think of exactly what I could do for one. Will have to keep that in mind! Glad you all enjoyed Christmas. Bec.