Olly - they call her Olly at school. I don't know why, but I never thought of this as a nickname for her (and still don't really). Whatever the name though, this little lady comes up with the loveliest things to say at times, and has the sweetest heart for others. It's always interesting to see/hear how she views things - a little differently to the rest of the family usually.
A couple of Liv comments from recent times...
When watching 'Mary Poppins' and seeing the scene where the father is 'discharged' from his work, she asked what that meant, and when told he didn't have a job to go to anymore, her first comment was:
Oh well, he'll have to start shopping for specials now then won't he.
(Obviously my being frugal in the supermarket and other shopping expeditions is starting to wear off!)
We were talking about the drought in Africa and how many people over there don't have food to eat and have to leave their homes behind and walk to try to get some food - she was most concerned about this and we talked about different ways to try to help out with that - I let her come up with things first, and she thought sending some food over would help. I agreed that getting more food to them would help, but it would cost a lot to post, and a lot of food would go off before it reached them or wouldn't be any good. She quickly came back with:
Marshmellows, we could send Marshmellows Mum - they're light and they don't go off do they?
Hmmm...we'll not quickly anyway, and yes they are light to send in the post, but...not quite the nutritionally rich food that they need over there I think somehow! We moved on to looking at options for sending money to help etc. from there, but everytime I see a packet of marshmellows now I am reminded of her concern for the starving in Africa, and her beautiful heart for others.
No comments:
Post a Comment