Courtesy of our local Council's program to encourage people to try new outdoor activities I had a go at kitesurfing this morning. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it's simpler than I had expected (the concepts at least) and there's a real rush that comes from feeling the power of the wind drag you along. I don't know that I've found a new sport for me, but it was fun to give it a try and a nice way to spend a few hours with the family down at the beach. The girls all enjoyed playing in the water and on the beach and probably wondered how dangerous this sport was when Mummy came out wearing a crash helmet!
We're trying our best to live out Micah 6:8 - Live justly Love mercy Walk humbly
Saturday, April 14, 2012
Something new
Courtesy of our local Council's program to encourage people to try new outdoor activities I had a go at kitesurfing this morning. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it's simpler than I had expected (the concepts at least) and there's a real rush that comes from feeling the power of the wind drag you along. I don't know that I've found a new sport for me, but it was fun to give it a try and a nice way to spend a few hours with the family down at the beach. The girls all enjoyed playing in the water and on the beach and probably wondered how dangerous this sport was when Mummy came out wearing a crash helmet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment