Well - the girls and I had a great day today, and by 6pm (bedtime) they were all worn out and nearly nodding during the stories. We started out with some painting, housework etc. (the boring stuff to get it out of the way) and after Olivia's sleep we headed up to visit Grandma and Grandpa Gittins who are caravaning right on the waterfront at Mooloolaba. Such a perfect location - and at less than a quarter the price of the units across the road! We shared a lovely picnic lunch up there, fed the birds and explored the area before heading back for the afternoon sleep...which was a tad short today, so I decided that a trip to the new Kings Beach seawater pool was in order. It's great - lots of different areas for the girls to play, and so many people to watch and be amused by as well. After our romp in the pool it was over to the covered playground for watermelon and then Ellen ran herself ragged climbing ladders and going down slides, going on swings, and running, running, running! Olivia and I settled for a couple of the activities closer to the ground and had a ball. It's so nice to get out and use all the great recreational areas that we have here on the coast - sometimes we get too busy and forget to make the most of them.
In the middle of all that I logged in to work for a while and found out that I'm now to head up a statistical unit, which I've had a long term interest in - I'm excited, as now I finally have something to get my teeth into at work. I'll be heading down to Canberra to learn more about what's entailed in the next week or so - thankfully it's not winter, as I'm not a huge fan of the cold and Canberra can be notorious at times with it's windchill....as I've had the misfortune to experience on many an occasion!
No comments:
Post a Comment