Well, a quick trip to the shops for a cheap pair of play sandals almost turned into a manhunt (or at least an Ellen hunt). Ellen is an intrepid explorer with no fear, which I'm sure will stand her in great stead in years to come, but is a tad nervewracking for me at times. Even with Greg along for the trip she still managed to find her way out of sight very easily and was finally located half the KMart store away in the 'creams and lotions' aisle facing up the stock! A retailers daughter obviously!!
She doesn't do it to be naughty, in fact she was a little confused as to why she was in trouble for straightening things up on the shelves, however the message finally made it through. I love her confidence and independence at times - but yesterday was not one of those times!
Apparently she takes after me in this area (as Mum gleefully reminded me on the phone afterwards). When I was about the same age (2 years) I followed someone out of a store who I thought was Mum, walked down the main street of our town in NZ and was missing for an extended period (long enough that the police etc. were called) - they eventually found me asleep in a local bookstore. ( it's true - I've been a bookworm since even before I can remember!)
No comments:
Post a Comment