Monday, April 30, 2007

Painting our new fence


Last Saturday we set out to finish the new fence by painting it, and Ellen was very keen to give us a hand (Olivia was keen too - of course!). Greg spent the morning building the side fence, digging post holes etc. while the girls and I kept ourselves entertained (and more importantly out of the way!) except for when I was needed to hold something or measure something. After the afternoon sleep Ellen hadn't forgotten the offer to paint and diligently spent the next hour or two next to her Daddy painting the fence - she did a great job, although was keen to paint the same square inch as Greg at the same time, so there were some crowding issues occasionally. The colour isn't quite what we expected (the swatch looked a tad different - or maybe that was our eyes), so we're still getting used to it before deciding if the second coat will be a different colour...not really all that keen on purple (or should I say 'designer plum'!).

No comments: