Friday, August 24, 2007

It never rains....

Another wet day! We had no power this morning, and people coming to look at the house at 9am - torrential rain, can't vacuum, can't empty the pool that's overflowing and can't clean up much at all - couldn't even make any toast with the thick fruit loaf that Greg brought home for me as a special treat!!

Still - things were travelling not too badly, I managed to get us all out of the house and the house looking okay for the inspection, only to discover (after putting the girls in the car) that the garage door doesn't work (of course - what was I thinking!). With instructions from Greg over the phone on how to disengage the door to do it manually, I thought I'd be okay - but I'm too short to push such a heavy door up to that height - another few inches would have made all the difference. I had my cheer squad in the car - Ellen counting out 'one, two, three - jump Mummy!' each time I tried and Olivia trying her best to clap and cheer (although I'm sure she has no idea what for!). We had to leave though (various reasons) so Greg quickly came home to lift the door to the appropriate height - which worked well, but then something went wrong when it came down again - came down uneven so we had a one metre gap up on one side and about a half metre on the other...not such a good look with people coming to view the house!

The girls and I scampered to run our errands etc. while Greg set about fixing the door - only to discover that the power had been shut off by our pool pump blowing up (not the torrential rain and storm last night). So now we have power again - thankfully, and a call to the pool shop very soon I imagine. In the meantime there's a lovely stream flowing from our pool - not quite the water feature I would prefer!

So as it continues to pour down outside and with another group coming through the house tomorrow morning, I have no doubt that Greg will be out in the rain when he gets home tonight to try to fix the pump...perhaps I'll get the role of umbrella holder?!

No comments: