After a great Christmas with family and friends, and a week house sitting, we've entered the new year on a positive note, with Greg taking the next week off to really get stuck into the work at the new house. It's exciting to see things starting to happen. He and a friend kicked off at 6am this morning and will be putting in long days for the next week trying to get all the wet areas completed... Which means I'm the chief catering division, entertainment director (for children) and receptionist/ personal assistant for tracking down all those bits and pieces that they now realise that they need picked up, or need research on (as if I needed more hats to wear!). So if you're interested in the cheapest skip hire on the northside, just let me know!
The girls and I have been keeping ourselves busy with visiting family and friends, playing with all the outdoor equipment (when weather permitted) at Amelie's house and throwing the ball for the dog Cassie for what seemed like hours - or at least until Cassie gave up and went for a lie down. As a Mum, New Years Eve meant getting sleep for the next day - the girls don't change their pattern of sleep and I'm not much chop without enough, so seeing some fireworks isn't all that attractive anymore - I must be getting old!!
We visited their new Kindy today - Ellen thought it was pretty good, especially when they brought out boxes and paints and let the kids paint a fire engine to play in - she painted the wheel (paper plate) black - and her hands rather well too! Olivia
(as usual) was straight into the various toys in her room and didn't look back to see if I was still there or not - hopefully that will still be the case in a few weeks when she actually starts! It was a positive visit though, so another visit for a play date next week and then they start the week after.
And finally - our camera has decided not to work anymore, so no photos from me, but above are a couple that my sister Tricia took last week when trying out her new camera. Cheeky pair aren't they!
1 comment:
Dear Ellen and Olivia,
Thanks so much for feeding me and playing with me all last week. It was so nice of you to come and stay with Holli and I.
Love from Cassi the dog.
Post a Comment