Thursday, September 24, 2009

Carnival days

 

 

 

I don't remember ever going to a street parade when I was growing up, so I was just as excited as the girls when we decided to join the crowds and cheer for the parade in our new home town. It was fantastic, the girls were so good, despite the long walk, the heat and some rude people who stood in front of them. They clutched their free flag and waved it consistently for about an hour and a half...Ellen wouldn't even let hers go to take the lid off a bottle of water - it was far too exciting for that!
The favourites were the stilt walking butterflies, the horses and the dancers - for the girls anyway... Grandma and Papa joined us, and I think Papa enjoyed the old cars that were part of the parade best of all. No good photos of the stilt walkers, so just some traditional floats instead....

No comments: