Saturday, November 21, 2009

Yeeharh!

 

 

 

 

For Ellen's birthday she chose to go horseriding. So after a bit of research I found a place that will take 'nearly 5' year olds. Of course I was more than happy to go as well! So this morning we set out for an hour long ride on some beautiful Quarterhorses at the CowboyUp ranch north of Crows Nest, and it was fantastic! Before heading out we had a quick lesson in the basics, and with Ellen on a lead rope we headed out - he was very impressed with how quickly she picked up and remembered all the skills and had her trotting her horse halfway through our ride! She handled it all very well, and was bursting with pride when he said he thought that she could ride without the leadrope next time. I was happy to have the quieter version of a ride as it was for Ellen's birthday, but I did get to have a canter near the finish, which was great too.

Olivia, being 3, was able to have a 15 min ride on a lead rope, and while they were to have stayed in the fenced yard, he took her out and gave her a lesson in riding up and down the creek banks and a few other pointers as well, so she was rather spoilt.

We also patted Ernie the sheep (who is more like a dog!), the two working dogs and the new chicks that they've hatched in the last couple of weeks, as well as just about every other horse on the farm. Only the cattle were left alone... All told, we had a fantastic morning and I'm sure we'll be back again soon....Mummy's Christmas present I think!!

No comments: