Friday, April 01, 2011

Pardon?

A little left of centre sometimes...
The girls had a pupil free day today, so we headed out to have a special morning tea together. Olivia chose to bring along a little purse/handbag that Uncle David and Aunty Tess gave her a few years ago. I didn't think she had anything in it and then this conversation was overheard to occur in the backseat...

E: Why do you have dirty socks in your handbag?

O: Just in case.

E: In case of what?

O: In case there's a competition to see who can hold up socks first of course! (said as though her sister was being rather obtuse)

E: There's no such thing.

O: Well there could be, and I want to be prepared. I've got yellow socks and rainbow socks, just in case it isn't yellow that they want.

E: Oh... (like that explains everything?!?!)

And that was the end of that...and I'm left chuckling internally and wondering whether I should be more prepared for something unorthodox like that to happen in my life today?!?!

No comments: