Monday, November 26, 2012

NZ Wrap up



My Great Aunty Gladys and Lauren enjoyed getting to know one another

 We spent some time at one of my cousin's homes in the hills, and while we were there he offered to get out his skeet shooting gear for us to have a go. How could we say no to that?!?! We really enjoyed the opportunity and hit a lot more targets that we expected - it was rather satisfying actually. We also had a turn with another gun - the smallest calibre that you can shoot an elephant with apparently....I had a bruise days later to prove that it really has some kick! We took aim at a rather innocuous timber target with a large hill behind for safety. Just one of his many toys.






Eating ice creams at Aunty Elaine's with some of the cousins on our last night

Our last few days were spent catching up with family and friends around Auckland - including a family that I knew from my year living in Tonga over a decade ago. A relaxing way to wind down our time before a ridiculously early start for our flight home!! (why I thought that was a good time to fly I have no idea...)
We'll definitely be going to NZ for another holiday and family catch up - the girls loved catching up with their cousins and we had a ball exploring as a family together. Lots more country to explre I think.

No comments: