Monday, January 29, 2007

Traffic car park

What a day! Finally arrived home at 7:30pm after leaving this morning at 5:30am. It wasn't meant to be that big a day, but my commute home went from 1.5 hours to over 3.5 hours due to a truck rollover on the highway. I had gone to work today with a co-worker who lives about 15 minutes from us at Buderim, and as I didn't know him all that well beforehand, we had plenty of time to exchange life histories and stories about our respective offspring while waiting for the police, ambulance etc. to clear the accident and free up the road! My coworker assured me that it's the first time that it's happened to him since he's been commuting - I hope it's the last! I admit that the commute is very tiring on top of the work day, so I was very glad that I wasn't driving as well.

Greg in the meantime valiantly soldiered on at home with the girls - Ellen had her second day at childcare and again had a great time, while he and Olivia bustled around doing a number of odd jobs together and visited Greg's parents who are staying in their caravan on the beachfront at Mooloolaba. I think Greg's rather enjoying the opportunity to spend with the girls, although the dinner hour was mayhem this evening from the sounds of things...two tired girls. All was quiet in the house by the time I arrived home though - two sleeping angels.

No comments: