Mum and I took advantage of the public holiday last Monday and headed into town on the train with Ellen, Olivia and my nephew Lachlan. We had a fantastic time, played and explored in SouthBank, wandered through the gardens and fed the Ibis'(although I'm not sure that was supposed to happen, but the kids did drop a lot of their morning tea!). Then we wandered down to the ferry terminal and caught the Citycat around to Riverside for another short stroll and an early picnic lunch before heading home on the train again. It was such a fun day, and so inexpensive too - $6.10 for all of us!
The girls are clamouring to repeat it again soon...although I'm not so keen when everyone is back at work - a quiet city is so much easier to navigate with 3 kids!
As you can see, Ellen was rather taken by the statues of a mother tying her daughter's shoe laces at Riverside, and spent quite a while checking it all out.
No comments:
Post a Comment