Finally we feel like we're getting somewhere. We've been working madly (when we can) on the house for over 5 months now and this week the new timber floor was laid - what a different some wood can make. Unfortunately I managed to forget the camera, so I'll have to provide some visual proof in the next few days, but this does bring us much closer to being able to move in to the house, so we're all very excited.
In the midst of trying to get things done this week, after work on Wednesday I drove down to a specialist cornice place at Stapylton to pick up some cornice (obviously!!) and on my return had an 'incident' in the car. No it wasn't an accident, or at least there were no other cars involved, but as I was driving along the middle lane of the inner-city bypass I came across a 5m long piece of bent metal lying in my lane, and with nowhere else to go and travelling at 80km/hr, I tried to avoid it within my lane space, but managed to wedge it into the front section of the car, right through some of the engine and through the wheelhouse casing and into the area near the tyre.
Thankfully it missed all the really important bits for driving, so after the two knights in shining armour from other vehicles managed to manoeuvre (and manhandle) the metal out of the car again, and with some useful advice on what to do next, I was on my way again. Gave me a fright - I've no idea where the metal came from - presumably a truck a minute or so previously, or from the overpass, but it did make a terrible noise and was rather dangerous for a few moments with other traffic hitting the end of it while I was trying to get it out of the way of the road. Still, it all ended well, and now the car is getting itself seen to at the repair shop for all the damage that was done... I'm very thankful that it wasn't much worse - a week without the car seems a good outcome compared to what could have happened...although Greg having to drive my Dad's 28 year old Laser without air conditioning etc. to the coast for work for the next little while might not agree!!
No comments:
Post a Comment