Sunday, October 05, 2008

I love summer!

I'm a cold frog - I don't deny it, and so when the winter thaw comes (such as it is in Brisbane!) I start to feel extra energy flow through my veins. I'm loving being able to hit the pool at Mum and Dad's again, and this year it's with our two little swimmers who are as keen as beavers to get in. Olivia's the most enthusiastic, from the moment that she knows we 'may' swim that day she's on the case - finding all of our togs and delivering them to us with a hearty 'Come on guys, let's go swimming!' - her chorus for the warmer months I think. If it's not swimming, it's the beach, so I don't mind that at all! Nanna and Grandad both had their togs delivered to them, and were herded out the door before they realised what was happening I think.

Now that they are more able to 'swim' a little on their own, life in the pool has taken a whole new turn - Olivia spends most of her time diving to the bottom to fetch the dive toys or 'blasting off' from the edge and swimming out to someone and then as soon as she pops up out of the water, she spouts 'Lets go again'. I'm exhausted just watching her, let alone keeping up with her... Have to keep an eye on her though - just like I was at her age - see water and make a run for it.

No comments: