Thursday, January 01, 2009

Time out

This week, courtesy of my work shutting down for the week and kindy still being open, I had two whole days without the girls. I hardly knew what to do with myself!! Spent the first day cleaning, sorting, tidying, culling, etc. which was rather therapeutic actually, and probably at least ten times quicker than when my helpers are 'helping'. I was also on call to source various things for the boys in the backyard project - research turf, topsoil, get tools and keep up the cold water as they literally soaked in sweat outside...I definitely had the good end of that deal.

Day two I was planning on driving down to my old 'quiet time' spot at Shorncliffe to read my Bible and spend some time with God, but a few things diverted that plan, and so instead I enjoyed nearly an hour doing the same thing, but in the solitude and blessing of air-conditioning in the Parents room at the girls Kindy - they have it set up for parents with sofas, coffee/tea making, a library etc. so it was perfect.

A great start to the day and then a fairly easy going rest of the day with Mum and Tricia at different points - the good news is that due to the post-Christmas sales and markdowns I now have Olivia's birthday present sorted for an absolute bargain - one major thing out of the way for the next few months!

I was so glad to pick up the girls at the end of each day though - they have a fantastic time there, so it's fun to be able to be part of the pick up and drop off, rather than just one or the other. We even had a tour of Ellen's Pre-Prep room for this year - she can't wait.

No comments: