Well, Ellen not only survived, but thrived on her first day at 'Kindy'. Greg took her this morning - they walked up to the centre (she wanted to walk rather than sit in the pram with Olivia), and she headed straight off to play in a plastic pedal car and said Bye without a problem. On his return this afternoon, the kids were all outside playing and when Ellen saw her Daddy she ran the other way to avoid having to come home - too much fun playing apparently!
Her 'teachers' said that she was fine all day - no 'accidents', had a two hour sleep and was happy to be involved with everything (much to their relief I imagine). I admit that I was very glad to hear such a glowing report and have her so happy at the end of the day and keen to go back again. We were very picky in selecting a centre to send her too, and I'm very glad of that fact now - gave me a much greater peace of mind as I sat at work today.
From all reports Olivia and Greg had a good day too - and a productive one, Greg managed to edge and mow the lawns, clean and polish an antique mirror/hatrack that came from Mum & Dad's and clean the pool while Olivia had a 2.5 hour sleep...I should go to work more often!
Thanks for all your prayers for today to go well with Ellen at 'Kindy' - they definitely made a difference!
No comments:
Post a Comment