Friday, January 12, 2007

Survived work

Well, an update to let you know that I survived going back to work for the two days, and Greg came through unscathed from having the girls. We stayed down at Greg's parents home for the two nights and from all reports everyone had a good time. It was a bit weird going into work for the first little while, but everything comes flooding back very quickly and before you know it, it felt like I'd never left. I have 3 projects that they've given me initially, and while I won't have any staff reporting directly to me due to only be part-time and lack of availability for things, I'll be working with staff on projects (some other lucky person gets to deal with all their leave, performance agreements, etc. - so I get off very lightly!).
I'm back looking after the South Pacific Capacity Building program, so that will be my only ongoing role, while the others will change as I finish a project and move on to the next. I could get projects from anywhere within the office or ABS, so the variety alone should be interesting, and having a couple to deal with at a time is easier in many ways and keeps the brain fresh.
So, we head down to Brisbane and do it all again next week - and then the following week it will only be Olivia and I, as Ellen starts her 'Kindy' day and then has a day at home with Greg. Soon I'll start working from home on alternate weeks, which will change things again - so it's good to be able to be flexible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that you've settled back into work so well! I hope Ellen settles into kindy just as easily!