Why do girls squeal? I don't recall ever being a sqealer (correct me if I'm wrong Mum), but my girls seems to delight in the noise and egg each other on. Tonight I'm sure the neighbours thought that I was doing something painful to them while they were having their bath - although the slightly off key and hysterical version of 'Row, Row, Row your Boat' in between may be the only sign to the contrary. The previous people who lived here didn't have young children, so I'm sure that the neighbours don't know what's hit them!
And, on another note - Greg is working shifts all over the place again, so our family routine is right out the window, and often the girls and I have the dinner and bedtime routine together. The last thing before prayers and bed is reading the Bible, and tonight it was the crucifixion and resurrection - we had to keep reading through 3 of the stories to get to where Jesus is alive again, else they get a bit concerned, and it's always interesting what sticks in their heads. Tonight Olivia was fascinated that they wrapped Jesus in the cloths and put him in 'his room' and it was very dark - I had that small portion of the story retold to me a few dozen times between then and bed. Despite my attempts to highlight the important parts of the story and to bring it to their level... It's a lot to take in for a little person I know - but they are so earnest in trying to understand it all - some of the questions really stretch me at times...and they're only 2 and 3, I really need to get to a KYB!
No comments:
Post a Comment