Monday, August 25, 2008

Short break away

Ready to head out - each departure carefully planned...
Nanna and her famous rainbow hat
Sisters in the sand


When I was looking for accommodation for Greg for the weekend so that he didn't have to do the 2 hours of driving each day on top of the 18 hours or so of work he was doing, I found (thanks to wotif.com) a place with space for all of us for the same price (less actually) than what I could get for just him. It sounded great - 3 bedroom penthouse with water views - and for such a cheap price...so with Nanna coming to keep the girls and I in check, we headed up the coast for the weekend.

On arriving we discovered why it was so cheap - sure it was on the top floor, but there was no lift! Lucky for me my Mum has a good sense of humour!! So I hauled up the 4 storeys worth of stairs all the gear that we had packed - starting to question whether indeed it was all necessary...a good lesson for packing a tad lighter next time!! Nanna herded the girls and got the giggles when she hit the 3rd floor and the numbers so far had been 1,2,3,4...and we were number 10 - I think she thought it might be best to turn around at that point - fortunately, for some strange reason the next floor had 10,11 so we kept on going.

Anyway - despite the extra exercise that we gained each time we left the unit to do anything, we had a good time away - a nice change of scenery, and the biggest sandpit (as Olivia keeps telling me) at the beach kept us entertained, even if the water was rather cold. Greg basically just slept there - was gone before we were up in the morning, and back late each night, so it was good that we had organised some accommodation for him.

Needless to say, our 5th wedding anniversary on Saturday was low key! Will have to celebrate some other time...

No comments: