Monday, May 11, 2009

The little one



100% or nothing is our Olivia.
A little while ago when she first got the hang of peddling and some stamina, we started to ride down our road to the pathways and then along to the parks, the bridges and the creeks to look for ducks, turtles and whatever else we could find. It was her first real solo outing on the bike, and she'd been happily riding along behind me when I hear - 'Hey Mum', and when I turn she proudly calls out 'Look, I can ride no hands' - and sure enough, there she is with two hands off the handlebars and a cheeky grin that makes me think that she's the one I'm going to be sitting in the Emergency Room of the hospital with in a few years time (if not sooner!).
Then just a few nights ago we found her and her beloved 'Ivy' in the doorway to her room fast asleep. Obviously partway through a recon mission to get something (most likely a drink of water from the bathroom) she's passed out - she can be in bed belting out a tune (and I do mean belting) and then without warning she'll stop mid-song and fall asleep. It's all or nothing for our Livvy-Lou.

No comments: