Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!

Well, as parents of young children we now tend to celebrate the New Year by having an early night and preparing for the early start with the girls, rather than doing much else. This year Greg was called in to work the night shift due to staffing problems, so he's working New Year's Eve night and then opening again in the morning early...so the girls and I will be keeping ourselves occupied. We have Nanna and GrandDad visiting with us for a few days, so they are a great distraction and a lot of fun for the girls - GrandDad is getting very familiar with all of Ellen's favourite books! (again, and again, and again!!)
We look forward to the New Year with a sense of anticipation for what God has in store. I return to work 2 days a week from the 9th January, and Greg will be looking after the girls for those 2 days until I can get Ellen into some form of Childcare near home. It's very hard to find somewhere with a vacancy in her age group - another 6 months and it would be a lot easier apparently. I'm sure that they'll have many special times together on the 'Daddy days' though, so it will be good for them all. I'm feeling excited and strangely, a tad nervous about returning to work - I've missed it, and yet wonder if my brain is ready for performing at that level successfully again. Time will tell...

No comments: