Monday, September 08, 2008

Fathers Day 2008






We chose to 'home make' our gifts to the grandfathers this year, and so spent a delightful little while in the kitchen making chocolate choc-chip cookies (and licking the spoons afterwards of course!). They weren't quite the gourmet selection that you'd buy in a store, but the 'love' factor was high and they smelt good cooking anyway. We also made the cards - me the basic outside at MOPS last week, and then the girls decorated the insides and wrote their names - Olivia's picture was apparently of a butterfly and a boat, while Ellen's was a boat caught in a big storm and then a rainbow came - I'll understand if you can't quite pick the images though...perhaps if you tilt your head a little and squint?!? I also made two origami folded shirts and ties that were laminated and stuck to a peg and magnet for the fridge - I'm so not crafty, so it was a minor miracle that they even vaguely resembled what they were supposed to - perseverance does pay off! Greg vetted all the photos and declined to have any posted of him looking rather sleepy when the girls descended on him with presents and cuddles this morning - in the interests of preserving our marriage I chose to acquiesce.

No comments: