Thursday, September 11, 2008

Outside cooking

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

I decided we could enjoy the beautiful spring weather, with some outdoor 'cooking' today. The girls adore any form of cooking, but there are usually restrictions (for the sake of my sanity), so today it was their space to make what they wished. They had a ball, with flour, rice and oats to spoon into their bowls, mix up and put into their muffin pans. Olivia was determined to taste her mix, and ended up with a Charlie Chaplin style moustache - obviously not quite as good as licking the spoon after chocolate cakes!
The best part was that when we were all done Barney our friendly butcher-bird came to clean up the leftovers off the grass with a few of his friends. Little mess, lots of fun - I need to remember to do that more often!

1 comment:

Base2Browns said...

Wow... what a great idea. I love it. Will have to try it sometime.