Olivia's birthday rolled on into Monday and Tuesday this week, with presents from Mummy and Daddy on Monday before Daddy went away to work, and then on her actual birthday the usual cupcakes at Kindy - this time courtesy of Grandma who was wonderful and made 48 tiny treasures all decorated in a different way, for the kids to share. Apparently they were a huge hit - thanks Grandma!
Tuesday night we slept over at Nanna and Grandad's so that we could get up very early in the morning to drop them at the airport for their trip to NZ. At 3.50 I was up, but the girls managed to sleep until I had to get them up about 4.20 for the drive out there, and after dropping them off, I decided to head to the Shorncliffe waterfront to watch the sunrise with the girls - I've been meaning to do it for ages, but just never organised enough. The sunrise was gorgeous (as expected), but next time perhaps I'll check just how long we have to wait until the sky starts changing colour!! It was a looong wait in the car with lots of silly songs and games until the sun finally appeared in all it's glory!
The night before leaving Nanna gave the girls their Easter bags (which I'm sure get bigger every year!) which held new PJs for winter, hairbands, a few eggs and of all things - a cheerleading set, complete with pom poms, outfit, dance mat and more. (Where does she find these things!!). Anyway - they love it, and despite the fact that I'm already getting tired of hearing the same 6 tunes belted out on the two different mats (usually at the same time, but not in sync), it's hard not to appreciate the 'wear out' factor that comes with the two girls leaping around like mad things, waving their pom poms and trying to get in the biggest jumps etc. Rather amusing to watch actually - the first few dozen times anyway!
And finally, the Easter parade was on at Kindy and Pre-Prep today, so I took the opportunity to attend and had a good time catching up with the other Mums and the girls friends. We're really blessed to have such a lovely place with beautiful Christian teachers for the girls to go - which is great, considering how I agonised over the decision to have them there this year...
No comments:
Post a Comment